Authors: Intervention Central
The recent Great Recession has resulted in significant budget cuts for school districts across America.
- Begeny, J. C. (2009). Helping Early Literacy with Practice Strategies (HELPS): A one-on-one program designed to improve students’ reading fluency. Raleigh, NC: The HELPS Education Fund. Retrieved from http://www.helpsprogram.org
- Burns, M. K., & Gibbons, K. A. (2008). Implementing response-to-intervention in elementary and secondary schools. Routledge: New York.
- Foorman, B. R., Breier, J. Il, & Fletcher, J. M. (2003). Interventions aimed at improving reading success: An evidence-based approach. Developmental Neuropsychology, 24, 613-639.
- Sáenz, L. M., Fuchs, L. S., & Fuchs, D. (2005). Peer-Assisted Learning Strategies for English language learners with learning disabilities. Exceptional Children, 71(3), 231–247.
- What Works Clearinghouse. (2007). WWC Intervention Report: Peer-Assisted Learning Strategies (PALS). Retrieved from http://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/pdf/WWC_PALS_071607.pdf
- Wright, J. (2004). Kids as reading helpers: A peer tutor training manual. Retrieved from http://www.interventioncentral.org/index.php/downloads